2020 HOLIDAY CLOSURES
1st Quarter Holiday Closures
Martin Luther King Jr Day: Monday, January 20
Presidents' Day: Saturday, February 15 & Monday, February 17
2nd Quarter Holiday Closures
Memorial Day: Saturday, May 23 & Monday, May 25
3rd Quarter Holiday Closures
Independence Day: Friday, July 3 & Saturday, July 4
Labor Day: Saturday, September 5 & Monday, September 7
4th Quarter Holiday Closures
Columbus Day: Monday, October 12
Veterans Day: Wednesday, November 11
Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 26
Christmas: Friday, December 25 & Saturday, December 26
New Year's: Friday, January 1 & Saturday, January 2, 2021
REPORT FRAUD OR LOST/STOLEN CARD
If your debit and/or credit card has been lost, stolen, or you have discovery fraud please contact the credit union immediately at the numbers listed below to cancel and order a new card, and to start the fraud recovery processes if needed.
During normal business hours: 720-962-8200
After business hours: 888-241-2510
If you are out of the country: 909-941-1398
DISCLOSURES & POLICIES
Statement Disclosure & Error Resolution
Statement Disclosure & Error Resolution
YOUR BILLING RIGHTS - KEEP THIS NOTICE FOR FUTURE USE This notice contains important information about your rights and our responsibilities under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
NOTIFY US IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR STATEMENT If you think your statement is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction on your statement, write us on a separate sheet at the address listed on your statement. Write to us as soon as possible. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the first statement on which the error or problem appeared. You can telephone us, but doing so will not preserve your rights. In your letter, give us the following information:
- Your name and account number
- The dollar amount of the suspected error
- Describe the error and explain, if you can, why you believe there is an error.
If you need more information, describe the item you are not sure about. If you have authorized us to pay your CREDIT CARD Account automatically from your share account, share draft account, or through payroll deduction, you can stop the payment on any amount you think is wrong. To stop the payment your letter must reach us three business days before the automatic payment is scheduled to occur.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OUR RESPONSIBILITIES AFTER WE RECEIVE YOUR WRITTEN NOTICE We must acknowledge your letter within 30 days, unless we have corrected the error by then. Within 90 days we must either correct or explain why we believe the statement was correct. After we receive your letter, we cannot try to collect any amount you question, or report you as delinquent. We can continue to send statements to you for the amount you question, including finance charges, and we can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit. You do not have to pay any questioned amount while we are investigating, but you are still obligated to pay the parts of your statement that are not in question. If we find that we made a mistake on your statement, you will not have to pay any finance charges related to any questioned amount. If we didn’t make a mistake, you may have to pay finance charges, and you will have to make up any missed payments on the questioned amount. In either case, we will send you a statement of the amount you owe and the date that it is due. If you fail to pay the amount that we think you owe, we may report you as delinquent. However, if our explanation does not satisfy you and you write to us within ten days telling us that you still refuse to pay, we must tell anyone that we report you to that you have a question about your statement. And we must tell you the name of anyone we reported you to. We must tell anyone that we report you to that the matter has been settled between us when it finally is. If we don’t follow these rules, we can’t collect any funds of the questioned amount, even if your statement was correct.
IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS Write us as soon as you can if you think your statement or receipt is wrong, or if you need more information about a transfer on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the error or problem appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe there is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. We will investigate your complaint and will correct any error promptly. If we take more than 10 business days to do this, we may re-credit your account for the amount you think is in error so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES FOR FOOTHILLS CREDIT UNION MEMBERS Important Information About Your Personal Data That The Credit Union Collects, And How We Use That Data to assure the continued privacy and confidentiality of your personal financial information, Foothills Credit Union observes these practices and procedures;
Information We Collect We collect nonpublic information about you from some or all of the following sources; – Information we receive from you on applications or other forms – Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others – Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency – Information obtained when verifying data you provide on an application or other forms
Information We Disclose We may disclose personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. This means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services, and under other circumstances permitted by law.
Our Security Measures We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in using your information. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information. Foothills Credit Union members and the public may receive copies of our notice of privacy practices by contacting the credit union at (720) 962-8200 or write us at Foothills Credit Union, 7990 W Alameda Ave, Lakewood, CO 80226.
- Our credit union will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means only what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services – and no more.
- Our credit union will protect member personal information. Our credit union will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure the accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
- Members will always have access to their information. As a member of our credit union, they will always have the opportunity to review their information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
- Our credit union will only share information when absolutely necessary. We will only share information to administer the products and services we provide when required to do so by governmental agencies, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- Our credit union will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our member’s economic well-being. Under no circumstances, unless our members are given the opportunity to “opt out” (as defined by NCUA guidelines), will we authorize these firms to charge a member’s account without the members express consent, and under no circumstances will we allow these business relationships to sell member information to any other businesses.
- If we enter into a business relationship that, by regulation, we must give our members the opportunity to not have their information shared, we will do so. We will inform members on how to exercise their choice, and we will take all reasonable steps to make sure member requests are followed.
- Our credit union will not collect, use or disclose online information received from children under age 13 without prior parental notification and consent, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of information and participation in the activity.
- At least annually we will post our Privacy Notice in a Quarterly Newsletter. Our members also have a responsibility to safeguard their financial information. Members can help by taking the following actions;
- Protect all account numbers, card numbers, social security numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers), and passwords. In particular, never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card, and never leave your account open on a computer that could have access by someone other then yourself.
- Use caution in revealing account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. In particular, if a caller tells you he/she is calling you on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number. Legitimate credit union staff will already have access to that information.
- It’s important that the credit union has current information about how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent use of your account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
Funds Availability Policy Disclosure
FUNDS AVAILABILITY POLICY DISCLOSURE
EXCEPT FOR CHECKS DRAWN ON FOREIGN BANKS IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES, THIS DISCLOSURE DESCRIBES YOUR ABILITY TO WITHDRAW FUNDS FROM TRANSACTION ACCOUNTS AT FOOTHILLS CREDIT UNION. YOU SHOULD ALSO REFER TO THE SECTION OF THESE AGREEMENTS AND DISCLOSURES THAT DESCRIBES THE DETAILS OF YOUR SPECIFIC ACCOUNT TYPE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Your Ability to Withdraw Funds. Our policy is to make funds from Your cash and check deposits available to You on the business day We receive Your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day We receive the deposit. Once they are available, You can withdraw the funds in cash and We will use the funds to pay checks that You have written.
For determining the availability of Your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If You make a deposit before closing on a business day that We are open, We will consider that day to be the day of Your deposit. However, if You make a deposit after closing or on a day We are not open, We will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day We are open.
Longer Delays May Apply. In some cases, We will not make all of the funds that You deposit by check available to You on the business day We receive Your deposit. Depending on the type of check that You deposit, funds may not be available until the 2nd business day after the day of Your deposit. The first $225.00 of Your deposits, however, may be available on the 1st business day after the day We receive Your deposit. If We are not going to make all of the funds from Your deposit available on the day We receive Your deposit, We will notify You at the time You make Your deposit. If Your deposit is not made directly to one of Our employees, or if We decide to take this action after You have left the premises, We will mail You the notice by the day after We receive Your deposit. If You will need the funds from a deposit right away, You should ask Us when the funds will be available.
In addition, funds You deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
- We believe a check You deposit will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,525.00 on any one day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn Your Account repeatedly in the last six months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of computer or communications equipment.
We will notify You if We delay Your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and We will tell You when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the 7th business day following the day of Your deposit. In any case, We reserve the right to refuse an item for deposit or encashment.
ATM Deposits. For deposits made at ATMs owned and operated by the Credit Union, if You make a deposit prior to 2:00 p.m. on a Business Day that We are open, We will consider that day to be the day of Your deposit. However, if You make a deposit after 2:00 p.m. or on a day that We are not open, We will consider the deposit made on the next business day We are open. The first $200.00 of funds from Your cash and check deposit will be available on the business day of Your deposit. The remaining funds will be available on the 1st business day after the day of Your deposit.
For deposits made at ATMs not owned and operated by the Credit Union, deposits will become available for withdrawal on the 5th business day following the day of deposit. All ATMs that We own or operate are identified as Our machines.
Holds on Other Funds. If We cash a check for You that is drawn on another institution, We may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in Your Account. Those funds will be available to You at the time that the funds from the check We cashed for You would have been available if You had deposited it. If We accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another institution, We may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately but delay Your availability to withdraw a corresponding amount of funds that You have on deposit in another account with Us. The funds in the other account would then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this policy for the type of check that You deposited.
Special Rules for New Accounts. If You are a new member, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 calendar days Your Account is open. Funds from electronic direct deposits to Your Account will be available on the day We receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,525.00 of a day's total deposits of cashier's, certified, teller’s, and federal, state, and local government checks will be available on the 1st business day after the day of Your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to You. The excess over $5,525.00 will be available on the 9th business day after the day of Your deposit. If Your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of Our employees, the first $5,525.00 will not be available until the 2nd business day after the day of Your deposit. Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the 10th business after the day of Your deposit.
Location of Check Endorsements. Federal law requires all check endorsements to be in the first 1-1/2 inches of the trailing edge of the back of the check. The trailing edge is opposite the left side of the face of the check, the side of the check just behind Our address. You will be responsible for any costs incurred by Us due to delays in returning checks deposited into Your Account that do not comply with the endorsement standards.
Dividend Payment Policy. See the Account Disclosures section in these Agreements And Disclosures for Our policy on the payment of dividends.